This chapter provides an archive of courses offered by UBC. For current course sections and schedules, please visit the online Course Schedule (http://www.students.ubc.ca/courses).
Faculty of Arts
ACAM: Asian Canadian and Asian Migration Studies
- ACAM 250 (3) Asian Canadians in Popular Culture
- Popular culture's role in the production of Asian Canadian and diasporic communities, with emphasis on race, gender, sexuality, and other identity categories.
- ACAM 300 (3) Dis/Orienting Asian Canada
- The histories, cultures, social dynamics, and life experiences of Asian communities in Canada in the context of global migrations. Restricted to students with second year status or higher.
- ACAM 320 (3/6) d Selected Topics in ACAM Studies
- Selected Asian Canadian Asian Migration topics. Consult acam.arts.ubc.ca for this year's offerings.
Prerequisite: Restricted to students with at least Second year standing; a previous course in Asian Canadian and Asian Migration Studies is recommended.
- ACAM 350 (3) Asian Canadian Community-Based Media
- Digital media production in the context of community engagement. Includes critical media literacy, community-based research ethics, project design, training in media forms such audio, video, photography, and web publishing.
- ACAM 390 (3/6) d Asian Migrations in a Global Context
- Transpacific, migratory and socio-cultural connections of Asian migrations in a global context.
Prerequisite: Minimum 2nd year standing, 3rd year standing recommended.
- ACAM 447 (3/6) c Directed Studies in Asian Canadian and Asian Migration
- General reading and/or a research undertaking within the scope of Asian Canadian and Asian Migration.
Prerequisite: Permission of the Chair of the ACAM program.