This chapter provides an archive of courses offered by UBC. For current course sections and schedules, please visit the online Course Schedule (http://www.students.ubc.ca/courses).
Educational Studies, Faculty of Education
ADHE: Adult and Higher Education
- ADHE 313 (6) Organization of Adult Basic Education Programs
- Rationale, structures, and functions of basic education completion. [3-0-0]
Equivalency: ADED 313.
- ADHE 314 (6) Adult Correctional Education
- Planning prison education; methods and techniques as they are affected by historical, philosophical, structural, and organizational contexts of penal institutions. [3-0-0]
Equivalency: ADED 314.
- ADHE 327 (3) Teaching Adults
- Planning, conducting and evaluating instruction for adults. Consideration is given to different beliefs and ways of thinking about teaching. [3-0-0]
Equivalency: ADED 327.
- ADHE 328 (3) Institutions of Adult Education
- The history, roles, and activities of institutions in the field of adult education. Institutions in Canada, Great Britain, and the United States are emphasized, and some experiences in other countries are examined. [3-0-0]
Equivalency: ADED 328.
- ADHE 329 (3) Developing Short Courses, Workshops and Seminars
- Organization and administration of adult education events such as short courses, seminars, workshops, conferences and institutes. [3-0-0]
Equivalency: ADED 329.
- ADHE 330 (3) The Community Practice of Adult Education
- Community based adult education with particular emphasis on the application of knowledge of the social, economic, cultural and political environment in developing and conducting adult education programs with an for individuals and groups. [2-3-0]
Equivalency: ADED 330.
- ADHE 375 (6) Diploma Seminar and Internship in Adult Education
Equivalency: ADED 375.
- ADHE 412 (3) An Overview of Adult Education
- Survey of adult education theory and practice in Canada and the world. The focus is on the purpose and participation in, adult education, characteristics of learners, and the training of adult educators. [3-0-0; 3-0-0]
Equivalency: ADED 412.