This chapter provides an archive of courses offered by UBC. For current course sections and schedules, please visit the online Course Schedule (http://www.students.ubc.ca/courses).
Classical, Near Eastern and Religious Studies, Faculty of Arts
ARBC: Arabic Studies
Not all courses are offered every year. For current listings, consult the departmental website at: www.cnrs.ubc.ca.
- ARBC 101 (3) Introduction to the Grammar and Vocabulary of Classic Arabic
- ARBC 102 (3) Introduction to the Grammar and Vocabulary of Classic Arabic II
- Prerequisite: ARBC 101.
- ARBC 201 (3) Classical Arabic (Intermediate) I
- Increased reading ability as well as learning the further essentials of grammar.
Prerequisite: ARBC 102.
- ARBC 202 (3) Classical Arabic (Intermediate) II
- Increased reading ability as well as learning the further essentials of grammar. Continuation of ARBC 201.
Prerequisite: ARBC 201.
- ARBC 420 (3-12) d Supervised Study in Classical Arabic
- Religious and literary Arabic texts pertaining to the early and medieval Islamic world. This course is not eligible for Credit/D/Fail grading.
Prerequisite: ARBC 400.