This chapter provides an archive of courses offered by UBC. For current course sections and schedules, please visit the online Course Schedule (http://www.students.ubc.ca/courses).
Central, Eastern and Northern European Studies, Faculty of Arts
CENS: Central, Eastern and Northern European Studies
- CENS 201 (3) Contrasts and Conflicts: The Cultures of Central, Eastern and Northern Europe (in English)
- An introduction to the cultural history of the peoples of Central, Eastern and Northern Europe as reflected in their literature, art and music.
- CENS 202 (3) Great Works of Literature from Central, Eastern and Northern Europe (in English)
- Major works of Central, Eastern and Northern European literature from the eighteenth century to the present in their European context.
- CENS 303 (3/6) d Representations of the Holocaust (in English)
- The Nazi Holocaust in film and literature from Central, Eastern, and Northern European Countries.
- CENS 307 (3) Witches: Myth and Reality
- Examination of the cultural, social, and historical construction of the witch in central and northern Europe with comparisons to recent history, current events, and popular culture.
- CENS 404 (3) Gender and Nation: Women's State in Modern Central, Eastern and Northern European Literatures and Cultures
- Cultural and social discourses of gender in literary works written in Central, Eastern and Northern Europe roughly between 1850 - 1930.