This chapter provides an archive of courses offered by UBC. For current course sections and schedules, please visit the online Course Schedule (http://www.students.ubc.ca/courses).
Faculty of Forestry
FOPR: Forest Operations
- FOPR 261 (2) Basic Geomatics for Natural Resources
- Techniques of measuring and surveying as they are applied in assessing and managing natural resources. [2-2-0]
- FOPR 262 (3) Forest Access and Transportation
- Introduction to the physical attributes of forest access and transportation and how they best integrate with the objectives of resource sustainability. [2-3-0]
Prerequisite: FOPR 261.
- FOPR 264 (4) Geomatics, Forest Access and Transportation
- Geomatics, the physical attributes of forest access and transportation and how they best integrate with the objectives of resource sustainability. [2-4-0]
- FOPR 362 (3) Forest Harvesting Systems
- The mechanics and productivity of a broad range of forest harvesting systems. [3-0-1]
Prerequisite: ECON 101.
Corequisite: FRST 318.
- FOPR 388 (3) Analytical Methods in Forest Hydrology
- Analytical methods in forest hydrology and their applications in the planning of forest operations with a focus on the hydrologic and hydraulic design procedures for stream crossings. [3-2]
Corequisite: FOPR 262.
- FOPR 459 (3) Economics, Contracts, and Finances in Forest Operations
- A capstone project-based course with applications of engineering economics, contract preparation, and financial planning in the context of Forest Operations. [2-2]
Prerequisite: FRST 318. Fourth-year standing.
- FOPR 464 (3) Forestry Machines
- A detailed examination of the performance of heavy trucks used in forestry plus highlights of particular aspects of the performance of hydraulic tracked machines and cable logging machines. [2-2-0]
Prerequisite: FOPR 262.