This chapter provides an archive of courses offered by UBC. For current course sections and schedules, please visit the online Course Schedule (http://www.students.ubc.ca/courses).
Surgery, Faculty of Medicine
- NEUR 512 (2) Advanced Neurosurgery I
- Selected topics in neurosurgery and the related basic sciences. Given in alternate years. This course is not eligible for Credit/D/Fail grading.
- NEUR 513 (2) Advanced Neurosurgery II
- The second year of the above program. Given in alternate years. This course is not eligible for Credit/D/Fail grading.
- NEUR 730 (0) Correlative Clinical Neurosurgery Rounds
- Residents meet with radiology, neuropathology, and active staff members for discussion of problem cases. One and one-half hours weekly.
- NEUR 731 (0) Neurosurgery Professors Conference
- One one-hour session weekly with a member of the active staff, conducted at the bedside or in conference room. Cases reviewed with emphasis on the proper application of diagnostic methods and the indications for operative management.
- NEUR 732 (0) Neuroradiology
- Sessions conducted by members of the Department of Radiology in which case histories are reviewed and related to radiological investigation and interpretation. One hour weekly.
- NEUR 733 (0) Anatomy and Neuropathology in the Brain
- Sessions conducted by a neuropathologist, Department of Pathology. Attended weekly by neurosurgical resident staff. Two hours weekly.
- NEUR 734 (0) Operative Neurosurgery
- Technique of neurosurgical procedures. Anatomy, surgical judgement, pre- and post-operative care. From a general selection of neurosurgical procedures, approximately 950 major neurosurgical procedures per year are carried out under supervision.