This chapter provides an archive of courses offered by UBC. For current course sections and schedules, please visit the online Course Schedule (http://www.students.ubc.ca/courses).
Central, Eastern and Northern European Studies, Faculty of Arts
- POLS 200 (6) Beginner's Polish
- Introduction to contemporary Polish. Oral practice, grammar, reading, writing.
- POLS 300 (6) Intermediate Polish
- Intermediate oral practice, grammar, reading, composition.
Prerequisite: POLS 200.
- POLS 345 (3/6) d Introduction to Twentieth-Century Polish Literature
- Readings and discussion of selected works of representative writers.
Prerequisite: POLS 210.
- POLS 424 (3) Polish Literature and Film in Translation
- Selected films and translated literature by Polish writers and filmmakers, with emphasis on the interaction between politics and literature.
- POLS 426 (3) The German Nazi Holocaust in Polish Literature and Film (in English)
- The German Nazi Holocaust in Polish Literature and film.