This chapter provides an archive of courses offered by UBC. For current course sections and schedules, please visit the online Course Schedule (http://www.students.ubc.ca/courses).
French, Hispanic and Italian Studies, Faculty of Arts
RMST: Romance Studies
- RMST 221 (3) Literatures and Cultures of the Romance World I: Medieval to Early Modern
- An introduction to the main themes that shaped the Western part of Europe as its different national identities emerged in the Mediterranean sphere.
- RMST 222 (3) Literatures and Cultures of the Romance World II: Modern to Post-Modern
- An introduction to the main themes that shaped the Western part of Europe in the age of the nation state, imperialism, colonization, and decolonization.
- RMST 234 (3) Introduction to Romance Language Cinema
- RMST 420 (3/6) d Studies in Romance Languages and Literature
- RMST 468 (6) Romance Linguistics
- The Indo-European background; Classical and Vulgar Latin; the origin, development and spread of the Romance languages; their vocabulary, phonology, morphology, syntax; vernacular Latin texts and Romance texts.
Prerequisite: Two years study of each of two Romance languages or two years of one Romance language and one year of Latin.
- RMST 495 (3) Research Intensive Seminar in Romance Studies
- RMST 520 (3) Studies in Romance Languages and Cultures
- This course is not eligible for Credit/D/Fail grading.
- RMST 548 (0) Major Essay