Faculties, Colleges, and Schools
The Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration > Professional and Diploma Courses
The Faculty operates a number of programs in the professional and managerial fields. Most programs require detailed study over a period of several years on a part-time or distance-education basis. Completion of assignments and examinations is required in most subjects.
Admission requirements vary from program to program. In some cases, registration is limited to residents of BC. For additional information, please call 604.822.8314.
- The Certified General Accountants of British Columbia (CGA-BC). A six-level evening lecture and distance education program designed to meet the academic requirements of CGA-BC (see CGA-BC (www.cga-online.org/bc)).
- Sales and Marketing Management Program. A three-year, evening lecture program sponsored by the Sales and Marketing Executives of Vancouver, leading to a diploma in Marketing and Sales Management (see SMEI (www.smevancouver.com)).
Real Estate Courses and Programs
For more information, see the Real Estate Division (www.realestate.ubc.ca) or telephone 604.822.8444.
- Real Estate Trading Services Licensing Course. A distance education course meeting the academic requirements for licensing as a real estate representative (salesperson) in BC.
- Rental Property Management Licensing Course. A distance education course meeting the academic requirements for licensing as a rental property manager in BC.
- Broker's Business Planning and Financial Management Course. A distance education course meeting the educational requirements for licensing as a real estate brokerage, managing broker, or associate broker in BC.
- Mortgages Brokerage in B.C. A distance education course meeting the requirements for registration under the BC Mortgage Brokers Act.
- The Diploma Program in Urban Land Economics. An eleven-course distance education program in advanced real estate studies.
- Certificate Program in Real Property Assessment. A four-course distance education program dealing with assessment-specific topics with a focus on computer-assisted mass appraisal techniques.
- Appraisal Institute of Canada Education Program. Distance education courses leading to both the CRA and AACI designations.
- UBC/AIC Post-Graduate Certificate in Real Property Valuation. A six-course distance education program developed for business degree graduates working toward attaining AIC's AACI designation.
- Certificate in Residential Valuation. A six-course distance education program leading towards the Appraisal Institute of Canada's CRA designation.
- Bachelor of Business in Real Estate. A distance education post-diploma degree completion program.