Faculties, Colleges, and Schools
The School of Nursing > Awards and Financial Assistance
Awards, Fees and Finances (students.ubc.ca/enrolment/finance) publishes information on awards and financial assistance. See the site for a list of current academic awards (scholarships and prizes) and financial assistance (grants, bursaries, and loans). Students are encouraged to refer to the website to determine awards for which they may be eligible and for interpretation of "full-time" study as it relates to eligibility for scholarships and other forms of financial assistance.
The following awards are not administered by Awards, Fees and Finances:
- Registered Nurses Foundation. A number of bursaries are offered through the Foundation. Information is available from the Registered Nurses Foundation of BC, 2855 Arbutus Street, Vancouver, BC, V6J 3Y8.
- Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada. Bursaries available to students in the final year of the B.S.N. program. Information and application forms may be obtained from the National Director, Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada, 5 Blackburn Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 8A2.
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada. Nursing research fellowship for graduate students undertaking study in some area of cardiovascular or stroke research. Information available from the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada, 1402-222 Queen St., Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 5V9.
- Local CRNBC Districts. Many Districts and other local organizations offer bursaries and/or loans to students from their area. Information can be obtained from the Director of the School or the College of Registered Nurses of BC.
- Canadian Nurses Foundation Awards. Members of the Canadian Nurses Association may apply for awards and fellowships valued at $4,500.00 to $6,000.00 for study at the doctoral level, $3,000.00 for study at the master's level, and $1,500.00 for study at the baccalaureate level in nursing. Application forms may be obtained from CNF after November 1 and must be submitted by April 30. Information and/or application forms are available from the Canadian Nurses Foundation, 50 The Driveway, Ottawa, Ontario, K2P 1E2.
Many nursing school's alumni associations offer bursaries and/or loans to their members. Information about these would be obtainable from the director of the school from which you have graduated.