UBC Admissions Student Declaration
- I agree that my secondary and post secondary grades may be released to UBC.
- I agree to notify Undergraduate Admissions of any additional secondary and/or post-secondary studies taken or registered courses from which I withdraw subsequent to the date of this application.
- I certify that the writing sample and information provided in written responses are accurate and my own.
- I agree that if I knowingly or carelessly provided untrue, incomplete or plagiarized information with this application then UBC may in its sole discretion do any or all of the following:
(a) withdraw any offer of admission, whether accepted or not;
(b) require me to withdraw from UBC;
(c) subject me to academic discipline;
(d) share the information I provided with other post-secondary institutions, law enforcement agencies, or other third parties.
- I agree that UBC may verify the information provided by contacting any references provided and institutions attended.
- I agree that UBC may release my name to my school and school district if I am a Scholarship recipient.
- I agree, if admitted to UBC, to comply with all rules and regulations of the University, present and future.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Legal Authority: UBC collects, uses, retains and discloses personal information in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), R.S.B.C. 1996, c.165, as amended, and the University Act, R.S.B.C. 1996, c.468, as amended.
Collection: During the admissions process, and throughout your university career, UBC will collect personal information from you for the purpose of carrying out its mandate and operations.
Use: UBC will use your personal information for the purpose of carrying out its mandate and operations, including but not limited to the following purposes:
- making decisions about your academic status, including but not limited to admission, registration, and graduation
- providing you with ongoing service and assistance
- operating athletic, residential, alumni and other UBC-related programs and activities (including issuing UBC Card and U-Pass)
- other purposes authorized by the FIPPA
Disclosure: UBC may disclose your personal information as follows:
- within UBC to carry out its mandate and operations
- to the UBC Alumni Association for the purpose of registering individuals with the Association and to allow the Association to communicate with its members concerning UBC and Association initiatives, including fund-raising and marketing products and services
- to UBC student societies (UBC Alma Mater Society and UBC Okanagan Students Union) for the purpose of running elections, managing and communicating with their membership, and administering student programs (including the UBC Alma Mater Society and Graduate Student Society Health Plan)
- to other UBC student organizations to carry out their mandates
- to other educational institutions when necessary for academic purposes
- to professional organizations for membership and licensing purposes
- to the provincial government to carry out its mandate
- to entities participating in or operating UBC-related programs (e.g., U-Pass)
- to third parties for statistical and research purposes (eg. to conduct surveys in order to gain feedback from students regarding their experiences at UBC)
- for other purposes authorized by the FIPPA
For more information, contact the Registrar of the University of British Columbia.
Page last updated: April 18, 2018