Download a PDF of this section: Campus-wide Policies and Regulations Print this page Email this page


Undergraduate students may withdraw from the University by using the Student Service Centre to withdraw from all courses when it is available. In all other cases a student who wishes to withdraw from the University must obtain the approval of the dean, director or faculty advisor on a Change of Registration form. When the withdrawal is approved the academic record will show the date of withdrawal and a standing of 'W' in all courses that are not completed on that date. When the withdrawal is not approved the student will remain registered in all courses and a final grade and/or standing will be assigned at the end of the term or session. Unclassified students who wish to withdraw should apply to Enrolment Services. A student who does not complete formal withdrawal procedures will be liable for all assessed fees until such procedures are completed.

Withdrawal for Graduate Students: Please see Withdrawal, Reinstatement, and Readmission in the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies’ section of the UBC Calendar.

The University of British Columbia

Student Services
Vancouver Campus
1874 East Mall
Vancouver, BC Canada V6T 1Z1

Emergency Procedures | Accessibility | Contact UBC | © Copyright The University of British Columbia