Download a PDF of this section: The Faculty of Applied Science Print this page Email this page

Professional Associations

The right to practise engineering and accept professional responsibility in Canada is limited to those who are registered members of the Association of Professional Engineers in the Province concerned. During the period between graduation and registration, the graduate who intends to practise in BC should be enrolled with the Association as an "Engineer in Training."

All of the Bachelor of Applied Science programs at UBC are accredited by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board (CEAB) of Engineers Canada. Graduates of CEAB-accredited programs are accepted as being fully qualified academically for professional engineering registration anywhere in Canada. However, there are also experience qualifications and professional practice requirements that must be fulfilled before full registration is granted. These qualifications vary within Canada and applicants should obtain the necessary details from the appropriate association(s).

M.Eng., M.A.Sc., or Ph.D. degrees alone do not form an acceptable basis for application to Associations of Professional Engineers in Canada.

The University of British Columbia

Student Services
Vancouver Campus
1874 East Mall
Vancouver, BC Canada V6T 1Z1

Emergency Procedures | Accessibility | Contact UBC | © Copyright The University of British Columbia